From a religious stand-point, Jesus once asked his 12 disciples: “Which of you by worrying can add a single strand of hair to your head?” Now, you may be of a religious background or maybe not, but, think about that statement and you’d see why worrying, a main symptom of anxiety depression is quite unnecessary.
“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain
Reduced to its simplest form, what is worry? It is simply an unhealthy and destructive mental habit that – believe it or not folks – you were not born with but simply acquired out of practice. The good news is, with practised actions, as with any habit and acquired attitude; we can be worry free and eliminate it from our lives successfully.
Many psychologists say that ‘worry’, a noted symptom of any form of depression, is the most subtle and destructive of all human diseases. When we worry excessively, we disintegrate our inner workings as humans and really put a lot of things out of order. Needless to say, avoiding worry as a step of treating depression and anxiety will be the first step for our own benefit.
Anxiety Depression: Steps to take to be Worry Free:
The following steps should be used to deal with anxiety depression and its main symptom, worry. When used wisely and effectively, you will inevitably be successful at these natural depression help techniques.
1. Practice Mind-drainage: Empty your mind of pessimistic and negative thoughts, especially before going to and after waking up from sleep. This involves some degree of imagination friends. (the same imagination-mind you-that you are actually using to aggravate your present situations…didn’t realize that eh?). This mind-draining strategy cannot be overemphasized as I will let you know, if you fear something for a long period of time, it may actually come to pass. “For the thing which I feared has come upon me…” (Job 3:25)
2. Fill up the mind with powerful thoughts of faith and success to fill up the vacuum now left in the mind. You become a worrier by practising it, you can be worry-free by practising the opposite.
3. Say positive things about those things you previously spoke negatively of.
4. Never participate in a worry conversation. Induce your conversation with faith and worry-free statements.
5. Make friends with optimistic people, practice prayer and meditation.
6. Exercise and eat right. You’ll be making yourself look and feel better and consequently stronger through the process for overcoming depression, anxiety and becoming worry free.
No one is saying things will be automatically changed overnight. No, it takes work. However with direct and equally aggressive actions as the destructive worry habits one may be indulging in, anxiety depression can be overcome and you too can be worry free if you believe in your mind you can.
I really like Dr Wayne Dyer‘s description of worry, which shows how pointless worrying is: “It makes no sense to worry about the things you have no control over, because if you have no control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And also, it makes no sense to worry about the things you do have control over, because if you have control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And there goes everything that it is possible to worry about. Either you have control or you don’t, and worry is just a waste of your precious, present moments.”
From a Law of Attraction standpoint, feeling the emotion of worry puts you on a matching vibrational frequency to attracting more things to worry about. Letting go of the feeling of worry and achieving a more positive vibration of hopefulness or optimism will help you attract a solution.
For a light-hearted Life Coaching session to help you stop worrying, watch this video:
Please note: Anxiety depression can be experienced in a wide range of severity. If very severe, you may wish to consult a doctor or other professional to help you get through the worst extremes, or to ensure that it is not due to an underlying health problem or chemical imbalance.