5 Steps To Success In Everything You Do
Have you ever felt like you’re on a hamster-wheel; running and running and getting nowhere fast? Have you had a few failures, a few setbacks? I’ll tell you a secret – you’re in company with all the most successful people who ever lived. So how did they go on to succeed? Were they just lucky? No. They realised there was a formula to success.
“You might never fail on the scale I did, but it is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” – J.K. Rowling
Every success has these 5 elements in common.
If you follow these 5 steps,you will be well on the way to getting everything you want:
1. What you need first is to have a strong desire. A desire like a fire! Not like a little flame you have to stir to get some heat going. No, you need a strong desire, you must really want to have what you long for. If you want something badly, but you haven’t yet got it, it is your desire that is not strong enough. You must really feel the desire to have it in your bones, in your flesh, in your heart. The desire is the starting point, because without passion nothing can happen.
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure” – Bill Cosby
2. Now you need to set goals. Why? To know where to go! Without goals your desire will get you nowhere and you will run around in circles like a dog who runs after his own tail. A goal gives you a reason, a purpose. The word goal means to GO ALL the way to get there. Your goal is the direction in which your desire will take you. If you are able to see with your mind’s eye what you want, you will have it. So the more details you see, the more concrete is your mental image, the more likely you will get exactly what you long for. Goals get your energy running. Goals generate the necessary activity to bring you towards the realisation of your dream. A good goal is a statement of what you want, in a positive, clear, concrete way and with emotion. Remember the fire – without emotion, without fire, no outcome! A goal should be written down, to give it more energy, and it should be stated in the present time. You write your goal down as if you have achieved it already. And start to act as if you were already there!
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible” – Tony Robbins
3. You must believe in yourself. You must really be conscious of the fact that you truly deserve to have what you desire and that you are able to get it, that you have everything you need to realise your dream. Yes you can! Maybe you do not know yet how to get there, but believe in the fact that you will learn step-by-step how to do it and that you will be guided on your way by coincidences and synchronicity.
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
– J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
4. A strong desire, a clear positive goal, a strong belief in yourself, what else does it need to make your dreams come true? Positive thinking! The most beautiful dream, the strongest desire and the clearest goal will take you nowhere if you destroy yourself with a negative belief system. If you have this lousy habit of seeing everything black rather than white, of fearing the worst, of expecting bad things to happen, this mindset will bring you what you ask for: black, fear, bad. A positive mindset lifts you up to the level of universal creation and the universe will conspire with you to give you what you long for.
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Consistency. Yes, it is easy to start things. It is easy to quit. But it takes consistency to stay on your road. Did you ever taste the freedom which lies in the fact that, after years and years of practising the same thing, you became an expert in something? With your eyes closed you can answer any question on the subject and produce almost any result you want? You are an expert now because you did the same thing hundreds of times, over and over again. And now you know! What a freedom! Consistency, not giving up, always going on in the same direction, this brings you freedom at last. Why? Because you don’t need to think and to search any more on your subject. It became a habit and you have space free in your mind to learn new, more demanding stuff. Stay on your road, go on and on. Every step will take you to more freedom, happiness and mastery of your life!
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
These are the five crucial steps to succeed in whatever you want. If just one of them is missing, you will fall short of your magnificent potential.5 Steps To Success In Everything You Do
- Fill your life with what you love and it’s hard not to love life
- Gratitude rocks! Live it!